Thursday, April 29, 2021

About Half Way

 ALMOST THERE!

I will be finished with the afghan by mid-May so my friend will have it waiting when the baby girl is born. Will post a photo here later today.

***

Later today turned into tomorrow! Sorry!


42" wide by 28" long so far…The next photo if looking down the rows the width of 42" and when all is said and done it should be about 50" long.




PHOTO OF MY FIRST FLOWER FROM MY SEEDS!



MY NEW ROCK!

I am one of those people who picks up pretty rocks. I had to leave a bunch at each move I have made over the years. This one is HUGE and I did not pick it up on the side of the road. My friend Jimmy (from junior high and high school) and his wife Alberta gave it to me. I think it was she who acquired it. They both worked for a copper mining company (he is retired) and this is from that mine. It's beautiful! I am so appreciative!


FAMILY

Nephew Paul and his sister my dotter Megan. They are making vegan donuts - well she is making them and he is eating them! LOL! She is the mother of my Eva, girl of the cardigan.


This is the group photo…my younger brother Jon, his wife, and my little sissy, Cindy in the aqua sweater I gave her. Paul to the left, Megan in pink and her sweet hubby John to the right. Baby Zoe in pink, Ellie next to her, brother Jack above her, and Eva off to the right in a plaid top. Jon's family is as sweet as sweet can be….all of them.



MY BEAUTIFUL GRANDDAUTHER!!!!!

This is Amy Jo. She is the eldest of the two granddaughters at 15. She cut her hair and her mom let her get it silver-ish like many of the kids her age. Not sure if she is doing it to look more like those Korean kids or more like Megan Rapinoe! LOL! Megan's dad is a friend of my brother (above).


BROKEN RING FINGER JOINT

I have had quite a few interruptions on the baby afghan not to mention my previously broken finger has been acting up. It is rather crooked at the knuckle and bumpy! Who would have thought a little break could cause so much trouble. Since it is a new injury to bone the weather changes are harder on that area than my arthritis in other areas. It will settle down after some time has past.

BUMMER!

My friend Bev is making hats to donate to the hospital cancer ward. The one here will not accept them during the COVID crisis, especially for children. Not even blankets or afghans or Comfort Shawls. I am thinking of donating to the local church which gives to people in need. I have yet to speak with them, but will next week.

CARDIGAN

Eva put on a smile to wear her new cardigan which is HUGE on her! LOL! I made a small…same with the hat.  I think I am going to have to make toddler sweaters and hats if I can't do any better than this. It will be large on her next year, too. Note how far the sleeves are rolled up and hot far down the shoulders come. At least it will last several years if she doesn't hate it!


AFGHAN

I posted a photo of it - last week I think.  I just wanted to post about the way I do (normally) decreases. I haven't tried it on a chevron pattern, and doubt it would work well since this decrease is mean to get rid of the stitch entirely leaving the area "vacant" not filled in.  I created a post on how to do it about a year or two ago.

I created this way of doing it many years ago, and found it to be super helpful.  I hope you do, too! 


MY EARLY MORNING PHOTO


Those clouds in the distant sky are not clouds at all. Those are a peek into the blue sky while the rest is all dark and cloudy. I think that the moisture in the air made it brighter looking, but trust me…the sky was actually a dark grey and those white puffs were really a light blue.  My yard is greening up but oh, so slowly. Bermuda grass does not come back very fast at all. Glad to have planted fescue and perennial rye so at least there is some pretty color.

No comments:

Post a Comment