Monday, May 20, 2019

Cat's Crochet Decrease


I don't think I posted anything before about the way I decrease in crochet. I devised this years ago, but after people started making claims they invented the Air Crochet I was pretty loathe to post anything about it…but finally did recently on Ravelry. Might as well post it here so you can see how easy it is and use it. Just watch Interweave putting it in their magazine again and giving Doris Chan credit like before! 

Perhaps link back to here if you ever use and post in your blog? That would be nice, thank you.
THIS IS HOW I DECREASE
I have been doing this for years. I think it is easier that the “regular” way.

When I decrease I do a yarn over (this will be a dc decrease), go through the stitch indicated, pull up a loop. 

Next, you will go to the next stitch and pull up a loop.

Then I pull that second loop carefully through the first loop pulled up in the first stitch indicated.   

Now I have the amount of loops on the hook for a regular dc. I just continue with the dc.


 It makes it look like a regular dc, and you almost can't see the decrease. Then continue your stitches!

When I do it with sc it is about the same (and it looks the best of any of the stitches). I go through the loop indicated and pull up a loop, do the same on the next stitch, and then that last loop I pull through the first loop and now have only two loops on the hook. I yo and pull the yarn through the two loops on the hook.
You can use this for any stitch. However, the taller the stitch the larger the gap that shows, just like any decrease. Since MOST (not all) decreases are at the beginning or end of a pattern, this does work out quite nicely.
Try it! Let me know. So far people seem to love it.

🌺


No comments:

Post a Comment