Monday, May 13, 2019

Camp Loopy

Camp Loopy
50th Anniversary of the Moon Shot

I'm going to do one shawl for sure for the 400 yard range. It is called Anniversary Lace by Michelle DuNaier, MADcap Fancies. I plan on using Canon Hand Dyes William Merino Fingering. It's only 460 yards so won't be making the full version, unless I can get a second skein that matches.


The day after the moon shot I was in a car accident. This color way reminded me of the photo that was taken afterwards. Figured it was a good addition along with the name of the shawl to bring it all together. 

You can barely see the scar line now. I remember going to my doctor after being in the hospital to be stitched up. He was so mad saying that they were barbarians and he took out the stitches and put on butterfly stitches (closures) which had been around for a long time. 



I have another knit shawl to make for the 800 range but I am not sure I can actually do it, or even finish it in a timely manner. BUT I will try.

Brodie has been a good dog to his "little" brother Riley. He has not been mean, even when Riley would try to do damage! Somehow animals must know they need patience and are helping train the little ones…even if they are an adult male.

The Olympic Mountains did have quite a bit of snow, but it has almost disappeared. There are a few of the taller mountians that still have a nice snowpack, but unless we get rain soon that, too, will be gone long before it is needed this summer.


I have finished another Grotine that is blocking.  I tried to stretch it out a bit so that it would wrap nicely.  I made it wider and stopped before I ran out of yarn as thought it would take more to sc around one edge. Should have kept going, but think the wet blocking will size it better.


This is a few inches from the finish line, and not blocked yet. The Malabrigo yarn has some dark purple and maroon mixed in the red giving it a smokey look.

Mother's Day has come and gone. It doesn't take that special day for me to think about my own mother with all her quirks, and all our fun times. I miss having her around and especially miss her sense of humor. I remember how she seemed to miss her own mother - someone I never met as she died the year before I was born - and often wondered while growing up why she kept the home fires burning. Now, of course, I know. Too many 'what ifs', too many unanswered questions, too many of life's milestones passing by that I can't share with her, or get a giggle from her over some foible of mine or my bothers.  It has been almost 32 years since she passed away and that is hard to believe.


The first Rhododendron has bloomed. The dark fuchsia colored Rhodie is just starting to bloom. The peach one is lagging!

Riley has now chewed down ALL of the 6 Crepe Myrtle trees, chopped off one Giant Sequim, and disemboweled the Dogwood tree. It was about two feet tall, chewed down to a nub, then pulled out of the ground! I keep him away from the other 6 larger Crepe Myrtle now, and won't plant anything else unless it is nearly full grown! Big waste of money.


He does look a bit evil, doesn't he!!!??!!!







1 comment:

  1. That Mother Thing is so hard. There have been so many times I just want Mom to be as thrilled as I am about some accomplishment. No one ever shares the excitement of something with you like Mom does.

    ReplyDelete