Saturday, May 25, 2019

My Shell Cottage Slide - to gift or not to gift?


But first a little eye candy!
This is the Rhododendron in my front garden area. It is next to the house so the shade makes it a late bloomer for here. I also have the pinkish white one that blooms first, and the peach one that blooms last. I have no clue as to why they do not bloom at the same time.
I'm probably a little more than half way with this scarf. It is taking me a LONG time because it is mostly single crochet.
I'm on my second skein, but since I am not going to make it quite as large as the pattern, I will be fine. Plus I have four more skeins if I need them
The stitch is so pretty, and the ridges give it such a lovely squishy feel.  I sure helps to have such a great yarn to use!

RILEY

He is starting to be a BIG boy now. Looks more like a Mastiff than Lab in this photo. Has that baggy loose skin. He is almost 7 months and weighs about 75 pounds…probably a tad less. Very stocky. He is so so cute with me, and in most ways behaves quite well. As he gets older and learns I'm top dog he tends to do as he is requested.  It is his older brother, Brodie, that's become somewhat stubborn and not coming when called.
This is the bulb that my Sister-In-Law gave me many years ago. I just take care of it and it gives me beautiful flowers every year…and they get larger each year, too! Creamy white with red speckles. Can't wait!
Another Iris is blooming! This is a regular Iris, but super beautiful.  I'm excited to see it in the coming years when it spreads and there are many such gorgeous flowers.

I need to decide if I am keeping the scarf, or giving it to someone this Christmas. Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

🌹







No comments:

Post a Comment