Monday, May 20, 2019

Scarves - one finished, one on the way...

Grotine Shawl


I could not get a grand photo of it like others take of theirs.


The middle photo is probably more true to color.


You can see the width better in this one. No matter how you look at it I should have had two skeins of the yarn to make it longer. I had to block it out to get it to a more acceptable scarf to wrap around my neck once.  This is the second one I have made in crochet - still working on the knit one - so will attempt it again ONE.MORE.TIME! In crochet. I have two skeins for the knit one.

I also started the Shell Cottage Slide as seen in the last post.  I have been working on it, on and off,
for a week.  It doesn't look very large, but it is deceptive.


I love the texture of this scarf. Not only from the aspect of the wonderful yarn, but the nubby effect of the stitches used.


I'm so happy I have enough yarn to make this one the right size!!


My yard is coming into bloom. The red Rhodies are spectacular again this year.

I need to plant more flowering bushes in the huge front yard.


The Flattie Iris I planted year before last are finally blooming! I really love these, and especially their coloration.


My sweet little brother gave me some Iris last year for my birthday, but they generally won't bloom until next year. ONE which is sort of a maroon is about to unfurl her lovely flowers. She gets more sun than that others…poor planning on my part!

What are you working on these days? 
Camp Loopy starts in June so maybe wander on over to that Ravelry group and join in the fun!

🌼



No comments:

Post a Comment