I finished this about a month ago. If I posted it already, I'm sorry! I feared it would be super hard, but turned out to be pretty easy once I got the hang of the repeats. I think I made the tail too long and not enough of the larger wider area. Need to try again - I have enough yarn left over (takes about 410 yards) as I bought two skeins.
I think I will use a different color, though. Have some in the same yarn, but in greens and beige which is super pretty. Will make it for me, and if it turns out okay I will make another one that is "right" for Heidi, or some other relative who might love one.