Friday, April 16, 2021

BABY BLANKET GROWING


WAVE/CHEVRON PATTERN SO PRETTY!!


I am enjoying making this blanket, EXCEPT having to do it on my counter height dining table.  I have to have it taller on something to keep it away from dogs and dog hair. Looks like I have enough of this beautiful discontinued Waverly yarn to make it about 48” long, and it is 42” wide.

I do the side dc a little different than other people. I found it on-line, so not my invention but that of another girl.  When I am at my computer rather than the iPad I will copy the link to that page. It takes just a bit of practice, but it makes a LOVELY stitch, one that you can’t tell is not a regular dc.

EDITED TO ADD:  I see all these years later people have posted about this way of doing it and sort of claimed it as their own. Could not find the original post about it from about 2009. THAT person invented the stitch, but you would think that others have. It is called, NOW, the Chainless Double Crochet” and Moogly has posted about it. I didn’t read her post as when she posted about my Air Crochet stitch she acted like it had been around for years, no credit to me. Same with Interweave and Doris Chan. So, I’m a tad bitter even though the lady is quite talented for sure. 

EDITED AGAIN! I found the site...it was created by Nicki’s Homemade Craft in 2009. She calls it the  A Stitch Less Ordinary, No-Turning-chain Double Crochet and has several lovely

YouTube videos on it. Too bad people don’t refer to it.  

Here she is on Ravelry. Took a bit to find her but glad she is there. She actually won an award for this stitch.  Christine

 

This is Tommy Socks. He is the cat in the family, but because the dogs want to eat him, he has to have his own enclosure.  He really does seem to like the security and his ability to get out on his own, plus have his own bedroom just for cats!


Found this little fellow crawling around on the Crepe Myrtle.  There seem to be a lot of them around.



It is hard to see the flowers planted in my “river”.  This was taken just after they were planted. Two days later and the flowers are starting to take shape.  Will take another photo in a few days to compare.



No comments:

Post a Comment