Saturday, April 10, 2021

LIFE IN TEXAS - HOME ON THE RANGE

These are long horn cattle…but from AZ. My friend Jimmy and his wife own a ranch there and he put these on the ranch to have something to look at! LOL! He sent me the photo as I was telling everyone I have this great love of cattle photos.

The thunder storm went through and gave us all big hail. It was warm enough that it melted fairly quickly, and other than the thunder and lightening show, the hair was the highlight.

This is my front yard. Literally. It goes from the corner of that light colored fence in the background to the light orange flag on the right, to the corner you can barely see of the mail box station. I have 21 feet of roadway in front and almost all of it is the driveway. I'm on the curve of the corner and they divided it funny. I would not have purchased the house had I known ahead of time that it was setup like this. My bad. Felt like the landscape should help emphasize and thus deemphasize the space. Trees and flowers to follow next week.

The puppies. Well, Brodie is 150 and soon to be 6.  Riley is 118 and will be 3 in October. Ginger is 125 and Coco is 120 and they will be 2 years old next week! So, at least three puppies still. Considered mature adults around 4 years old. Poor Riley needs something in his bowl to keep him for eating too fast.

Texas bluebonnets on the field behind my house. They are EVERYWHERE! People mow their fields mid to late March and then not again until the flowers are fading. It is quite a show. You have to let them die out and re-seed or else you won't have any the following year. It is like a religion!

Texas longhorns. Prettier than the AZ cousins!

The Eastern Rosebud in bloom behind my house.  I may have posted this before. So pretty! They are pretty well finished blooming those pretty flowers. Now am fighting the June Bug. Trying to capture and kill off as many as I can at night so they are not around to lay eggs.  This month the lawn is being treated for grubs…the babies of these awful beetles. That should kill off the ones 'down under' but any eggs laid in June will have to be dealt with at a different time. They have munched on the roots of all my trees when are struggling as it is from the ice storm. Now the beetles are munching on the new leaves. Grrrrrr!



No comments:

Post a Comment