Friday, July 7, 2023

Sister’s dress

 


Another pinafore, this one for the sister.

This is made with the Mandala Sparkle which is supposed to be a DK, but is honestly more like a worsted weight. Not light at all.

I am finding that the arm opening is generally huge on these angel wing dresses. This is no exception. I should have closed it up some as it looked huge to me. I see no reason now, after making several, to chaine 5 or more where they do the separation for the “sleeves” and think that. You can just do one more room of the yoke with increases in sc or dc, then add a ruffle around the arm hole later. That would give you the extra stitches for a more flowing dress, and keep the arm holes at a more agreeable size.

The girls don’t seem to notice the arm holes were too big. I did warn the mom ahead of time on how to fix it as I am sure she would have thought it too revealing, too.


These are pretty fast to make and with the self striping yarn I find them pretty relaxing. Have run out of candidates after the next one is sent. I’m making a sweater for myself…which I can only pray and hope will turn out okay. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment