Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Pistachio Gelato Sweater for my Great Grandnephew Archer

 



This sweater is made with about one skein of yarn, divided between two colors. I think it was a G hook. This is called Pistachio Gelato Sweater, and is a design my Michele DuNaier.

I hope that I will get it mailed off tomorrow. Not as enthused about it as a gift as the mom didn't acknowledge the dress I sent her new daughter. I'm beginning to think the younger generation doesn't like hand made gifts…would rather be sent something from Nordies. Maybe I am too sensitive.

The mom of the two girls was ecstatic about the other two striped dresses I sent, so that does make me feel better. I'm making her two son's hats in a camouflage color. Maybe another one in bright orange. Do you think they hunt with their dad some, as this was their request. Or perhaps it is just the rage these days to wear camouflage. I think they are around 10 years old give or take a year or two.

My sweater


I'm working on my own sweater…put it up for now. Lost interest, but it is still in my line of sight so I won't forget it and do plan on finishing. No pattern. Just fitting it to me as I go. Nothing special.




No comments:

Post a Comment