Monday, July 24, 2023

Timeless Textured Baby Crochet

 My new book

I purchased the book as I wanted something to make other than what I had been making, and that looked a little different.  I had not realize at the time of purchase that I had already purchased two of her patterns, although I had not made either one yet. I don’t know how her patterns will fit children as yet.

There are twenty patterns and they are all on the intermediate side of things. The pattern I chose to make was called Bobble Romper.  It is cute, but have no idea what to do with it! LOL! I didn’t make it for a specific child.  The pattern wasn’t nearly as hard as I thought it might be. Bobbles, front post dc and back post dc are the main stitches other than sc. Counting is a must. The straps are whole, so not buttons or snaps, which I am not sure is a good idea.

As far as the instructions go, I find her verbiage a bit odd. An example would be when she says “sc in first st, sc in each of the next 6 stitches”. Why not says sc in the next 7 stitches? It is like she needs to fill the page full of words. 


Her decreasing is nice, and the bobbles are easy and look neat. It was, all in all, an enjoyable pattern to make, and didn’t take a long time. Three days for me, but then I crochet a lot in one day.


Front


Back


No comments:

Post a Comment