Saturday, July 15, 2023

Knitting Machine for tube hats

 “Hunting” Beanies



My niece thought the hats for her grandsons would be the trick since I sent dresses to the granddaughters. The request was for either a camouflage hat or one in orange. I assume those are the hunting colors for the woods.


Unfortunately the camo color from Lion Brand worked up into a stripe instead of the big blotchy type of camo you see on clothing and hats.


I think that, while it was still a tube, it looked rather like a snake!  Sort of like a coral snake. At any rate, I am told they will love the hats…boys about 8 and 10 years of age I think.

The knitting machine is one I bought on Amazon and was about $80 I think. There were some better ones that were more expensive, but I didn’t want to spend the money if I wasn’t going to be actually using it. Although the crank is a bit hard to use as time goes one (plastics rubbing against plastic) I am glad I bought it.  I’ll make more tube hats for winter for the kids in the family…and any oldie but goodie that wants one.

No comments:

Post a Comment