Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Olivia's Little Mauve Dress - 3 month

 For Olivia

Front

Back

This is a combo dress, just like one of the other ones. I didn't have buttons again, so put on two ties. I think it looks okay, but buttons would have been better. Not as "busy" looking. I made it a little longer, too, since a little one most likely won't have leg coverings.

I'm going to send it to a friends daughter, (Olivia) was born late May I think. And the pup.

The yarn is Baby Soft by Lion Brand for the mauve, as well as the pink.  To me, it just isn't really soft enough after working with the StyleCraft Special DK (did I spell that right?). Also, the StyleCraft comes in so many colors it is amazing! I only have a few as bought it for an afghan and over purchased, unfortunately (or fortunately). Am now trying to use it up along with the other "million" skeins of yarn I have!

HOT
We were originally told it would be in the 90's this coming week, but it started today that we are to be over 100 every day for at least a week. Our humidity was 15% today, so I am able to keep the a/c on 75 or 76 with some oscillating fans. The dogs left the living room to "reside" in a bedroom without fans! I think they were tooooooo cold!
As long as the fans aren't blowing directly on me I am fine…just feeling it moving around the room is good enough.

DECK 
I have been having the deck worked on. The previous owner spent no time whatsoever keeping it in good shape. Had it been stained and/or painted as often as it should have been it would still be in excellent shape. The cracks between the boards were stuffed with dirt that it had to be chiseled out. That means the water has been pooling on the deck and just rotting the boards.
Always something with a house!!




No comments:

Post a Comment