Tuesday, June 27, 2023

New Dress - Old Pattern

 A Pinafore


This is a size 4T for my nieces granddaughter.  I didn’t really follow a true pattern this time. Started out with 50 chains, then sc down the line giving it 49 sc…joined of course, for the neck line. Then doing doubles for six more rows, then starting the shells…2 dc, ch1, 2 dc, skipping 2 chains…I think that is right! LOL!

Every pattern I have made calls for the 5 chains (skipping whichever amount they say) for the underarms. I am working on one now that is a size 7, and the larges pattern I found was for 6, so am using that guesstament for the underarms…9 chains in this instance.  I think if you are making a odd size, you can pin the shells at a particular place where you think the arms/shoulders look good, and chain anywhere from 5 to whatever (or even 3 I guess if you are making a very small one). This particular dress isn’t rocket science.

One pattern I looked at had some increases, but I didn’t need to on this one. The one following I am having to increase as the yarn isn’t as flowing or as stretchy, so looks too straight up and down.

The Bernal instructions are a bit off…not carefully written. I assume you can still get it from their site, where they use their Mosaic yarn.


No comments:

Post a Comment