Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Happy Anniversary, and happy leggings!


Today would have been our 14th wedding anniversary. Miss the man like crazy!


I have become addicted to leggings.  It's really too cold to wear only leggings this winter, but two pair at once isn't bad. Or one under my jeans, but that sort of defeats the idea of wearing the beautiful patterns.  I won the above in a contest the Lularoe dealer has each week.  Would not have bought that design, but do really love them. I have a red tunic and a black tunic that goes perfectly with them!

I have a few skeins of gradient yarns that I am thinking about making into a scarf that would be entrelac.  I took a class here where the lady used someones design to do the entrelac but going back and forth so that one way would be the right side TSS and the fabric is turned and the other side has the TSS.  It sort of makes the fabric look like a true entrelac, but isn't.  I'll probably dig up her pattern instructions. The iPad cover I made below was using the oft used entrelac pattern in Tunisian.


There has to be a way to use crochet in a similar method to knit to make entrelac the "real" way.  I have seen where designers are FINALLY using the stitch holders to make cables, so it won't be long before they use them to make entrelac…just can't figure out how to make the yarn work! Hah!


Started decorating my St. Patrick's Day tree.  Looks pretty much like last year except I have more silver and gold decorations with the green.  I shall make a couple of green crocheted decorations to add, but need to figure out WHAT I can make.  Maybe shamrocks?

I'm also putting together squares for a friend who can't do it for herself right now.  My yarn from Joann's takes forever (as usual) to make it here so only have had time to lay out the squares in the order that they look good to me.  Can't believe I actually had to ORDER Vanna's Choice yarn. I do have a couple of boxes in the garage that I can't get to….will have to hire someone to straighten it all out so I can bring it to my Diva Den!

Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment