Monday, March 5, 2018

Afghan Joining for a Dear Friend


I have a sweet friend named Sharon who has been having some health blows over the last couple of years, so I volunteered to put together an afghan for her.  I can't believe how many of the sides of the squares have different stitch counts….even from very experienced people.  Some of the sides have knots where the crafter ended the border….rather than doing an invisible join and weaving in the end.  It makes the square look like it has a chain one between the stitches, and adds bulk. Ugh.

So far I have finished most of the borders of each square she received in the swap. The photo is a bit dark.  The yarn is all Vanna's Choice and the border is in Pearl Mist. Two or three of the squares were already bordered in it, so I continued what she started.  Four more to go (I finished two after photo was taken). I probably won't border them any more even though I want the afghan to be larger.  I don't want any more ends to weave in than I already have, so I plan just to put on a very large border on the outer sides to increase the size.


Our mountain range with snow a couple of days ago.  It received another light dusting last night, but I think that is all for awhile. It was plenty cold this morning for sure, but no snow down here thank goodness!


One of my last photos of Maggie…sweet girl, and I miss her so much.  Brodie moped around for about a week, but now has started claiming the top dog job of protecting the property.  It had been Maggie's position and she was excellent! 


Took this, and several other photos, of a hat worn by a very young visitor to the Olympic games.  It is all in the Popcorn stitch, most likely made with a graph.  I'm saving the photos on the off chance that I actually might make one for my grandnieces!


Happy Hooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment