Sunday, March 11, 2018

Be still my heart……………….


Three days of SUNSHINE!!!!!

I can hardly believe it! I have been able to get outside and walk the dog around a lot (in the backyard).  It feels so wonderful to have time to sit on the deck with the sun shining in. Just in time, too! Now I don't have to commit hari-kari from being so glum with the lack of sun!

I have finished the second border on all the squares for Sharon.  Now I will work on joining them all and figure out which border (for sure) I want to use.

My BFF Bev is working on joining and bordering another afghan for Sharon. Can't wait to see what she comes up with as she is so dang talented!

Meanwhile I am making a scarf (surprise - what else would I do in my spare time? Clean house?????) in what I thought was Noro, but turned out to be a Bernat yarn called Mosaic, in the color Fantasy, which is 100% Acrylic.  Has a weird hand similar to the Noro I used before.  I hope it is better once washed and softened.  I'm doing 25 stitches across using the sc, ch1 pattern and on the next row I sc in the sc and ch1 above the ch1.  This yarn makes it look solid…using an I-hook.

Speaking of cleaning house, I have been (finally) putting away the Christmas decorations. The tree is now a St. Patrick's Day tree in green, silver, and gold. It's prettier than it shows here.


Tommy Socks is happy to see the sun, too.  He has been getting out a bit more in his catio.  Had to take him to the vet as he has an eye inflammation, but is all better now. you can see how one eye doesn't contract as much as the other. We think he may have had a stroke last year, but don't know.


My cousin Carol, who lives in Seattle, sent me five new jigsaw puzzles! I'm adding them to the 8 other ones I have yet to put together.  I'm sure I have more in storage in those big boxes in the garage.   These are my favorite kind….Eric Dowdle, of course, and Charles Wysocki, but also Jane Wooster Scott who is a new fav.  I like the Folk Art puzzles the very very best!


Have a wonderful Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment