Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Musings…..


When I first started doing Tunisian in earnest, I made a panel that was to be stretched and framed….but I never did get it set up.  

When using a Tunisian crochet stitch and a knit graph, you have to account for the different sizes of the two stitches.  I turned the graph sideways to make it come out right, so instead of my rows going left to right on this fabric, it is going up and down the long way.  Otherwise he would look off kilter…shorter and fatter.

I have searched for a conversion table for fabrics, but none really exists. There are videos that I didn't watch that might make the leap of faith and commit to a conversion scenario, but all in all you should just remember it is the GUAGE that counts. You have to figure the gauge for stitches across a row and the rows, too.

My DSD took the fabric to make into something…I wonder if she ever did! :o)

This is my personal pattern below.  I started out doing something and then instead of changing it up I just kept it up.  I'm sure there had to be a pattern long before I did this one as since I made it (about 2008 or 2009) several patterns have actually been written up.  It really makes a lovely statement when you don't use extra colors and let the stitches speak for themselves, all one color.  I don't remember who received it and what swap it was. It's just a simple puff stitch, ch2, puff stitch in the corners and increase two stitches each side, each row.


This is another square I made up in 2009.  I had another one where I put a dab of color in the corners and liked it so well that I did it again.  I wish I had written up all my designed squares, but never thought to it back then.  Especially if along the way I had to fudge with the counts! LOL! I think I will go ahead and write this one up, though.


Have a great evening!






No comments:

Post a Comment