Sunday, February 25, 2018

Scarves, scarves, scarves! Well, at least two...

I'm am not in need of more scarves. I am just trying to use up skeins of yarn as fast as I can.  Am also going to be shipping some off to my lucky relatives!!

This one is in Chroma. Just like the other one in Chroma, it was missing a color stripe. That irks me. This colorway is called Carnival.


This is a simple stitch, sc and dc on an even number of stitches. Each row starts with a sc and ends with a dc.


It wraps nicely around twice and is comfy and light.


This on his heavier (worsted weight) yarn, but the scarf is shorter and not as wide. It is sc, ch1 on an odd number of stitches, always starting and ending with a sc.  The yarn is so thing and squishy that you can't tell it is full of spaces, and that way I was able to make 200 yards into a nice sized scarf that also will wrap twice. Makes more of a cowl then.


This is Madelinetosh, Tosh Vintage in Taaffeite.  It looks black, but it is a very dark purple.


Both are joined using the Kitchener stitch in the infinity fold.

Have started ANOTHER scarf with a new yarn…feels like it is worsted weight. Will post more later. I'm using the top stitch, but not as wide.  OH - and these were made with an I hook.  I think the Tosh could have been made with a J and would have been fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment