Wednesday, February 7, 2018

I have finished weaving in the ends on my first sea side colored chevron scarf.  Looks really good! As soon as I get it blocked and dried I'll post a photo.  I did join the ends and twist it so that it stays sort of flat on the chest.  

I'm liking the Valentine scarf, too.  That one should not take toooooo much longer to finish.  I think I'll make a similar one in Vanna's Choice in a light pink and a light silver.



Took Maggie to the vet's this morning for her second day of fluids.  They give her meds in her fluids, too.  


Last night after I was nearly asleep she started throwing up.  I jumped out of bed and cleaned it up and she went out to drink some water (I keep a bowl on the deck outside my bedroom door as well as on the deck outside the dining area).  I heard her throwing up more out there. She just looked miserable.  Since it was four hours after she ate I am assuming it was from the 1/2 pain pill I gave her.  She had been limping so much I thought she might like that. Nope. I guess she can't tolerate it now.


I'm at a loss as to what to do.  For now I think I will just see if I can get her to eat, not give her pain meds, and see if she is "happy enough" after all the treatments are complete.  I don't see that she is hurting or feeling bad except for the limp and, of course, her tummy issue. If either gets worse I guess my baby will have to be sent on to be with her daddy, and brother and sister.  That's all three of them below. Sami died of cancer and Chuckie was 17 and just got old….three months apart.


Not looking forward to the rest of this year knowing what it will bring at some point.

PS:
Picked her up at the vets. Her numbers are down quite a lot, so I'll take her in again tomorrow to see if it will go down more.  Her one number is actually normal, and the other two are still high, but 1/3 to 1/2 of what they were.  This is all a stop gap method, as eventually the kidney disease will get her, but for now there is hope she can live happily for another year maybe.

Here is a toast to better days ahead!

Sid and baby Maggie.





1 comment:

  1. You know you will know when the time has come . . . all animal parents know when the time has come.

    But, with luck, the fluids will make her feel better and that is what you what for her.

    ReplyDelete