Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Finished!

 


I even put the buttons on the correct side for a boy! I think it is a tad longer than it is supposed to be, but it is what it is. I took out one row of the chartreuse green around the plackets. Made it look to girly and want this to be a boy sweater.

Flowers



I'm happy that some of the dianthus are starting to bloom! So far a lavender and a pink. Looks like a few of the larger poppies will be blooming in a week or so.  Our temps are going to reach over 100 come Friday and remain well over for at least one week, maybe more. I hope some cooler air from Canada gets pushy and makes its way down here.

New Project

I'm starting one of the Patty Cake baby sweaters in Meadow, a color in Stylecraft Batik Swirl. It has too much orange in it, yet I hope it will balance out with all the other colors. The green isn't that great, either. Frankly I am finally starting to tire of making baby clothes. Might see about scarves when I get my second wind.

Happy Fourth!

I have stocked up on food and dog treats so we shall be snug. Hopefully there won't be too many bangs and explosions. We have a huge contingent of PTSD Veterans in the area, as well as this being a big dog and cat community. Some people don't understand just how upsetting it is for pets and pet parents,  and we anlso live in a fire area which makes it doubly dumb to set them off.

According to the city, only certain specially approved fire crackers can be used after tonight. None of those that can cause fires. Since when did any of those who use those things ever pay attention to the rules of law?



No comments:

Post a Comment