Sunday, June 30, 2024

WIP

NOT FINISHED YET


This is one of the Pistachio tops designed by Michele DuNaier.  I am nearly finished with it, but thought I would post what it looked like a couple of days ago.  Right now there are yarn ends everywhere for me to weave in as on the arms I had to cut the colors to come out somewhat similar to the body. Not exactly (by any means) but it will be okay. I just hope it looks "boyish" enough.

I love the yarn. It is Blue Ocean in Stylecraft Batik Swirl, 20% Wool, 80% Acrylic, 200 g./601 yards/550 meters. It is machine washable, and you can use the dryer on a cool setting. 

SOFT!!

I have several little balls of the yarn each in a separate color of one of the stripes, so I think I will fashion something out of them. Not sure what, though.

Gave the blanket I made to the grandmother. Turns out it is her son's first child, not her daughters. He is married to a lovely lady from Bulgaria and I guess at some point the two are planning on taking the baby and moving there. That will prove hard on this grandmother, I'm sure. They already live in South Carolina which is far enough away from here.

TOMORROW!

I'm going to clean up my crafting area for the next few days and figure out what I want to make. I need to divest myself of the piles of yarn I am surrounding myself with around the chair! I'll have Matt or Dana, my trusty helpers, take what I won't be using any time soon to the basement.

BRODIE

I have been feeling particularly emotional this past week about the loss of my dog Brodie two years ago. I think it will haunt me to the end of my days.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment