Friday, June 28, 2024

This and That

 Summer is coming!

The neighborhood is changing, people moving in, some moving out. Some minor construction going on. Usually I think of Spring as the time of rebirth, but today seems more appropriate as the weather is fine, flowers are coming up, and my neighbors have beautiful flowers in planters on their porches. Unfortunately I haven't spent the money yet to do my planters. Soon. Hopefully.

I did plant seeds of wildflowers. Some poppies. Little by little they are starting to bloom.


The Snake River as it runs through Idaho.


A happy hopping, bobbing robin in my back yard while I am watering the yard!


My three lovable giant breed dogs lazing on the back porch while it isn't hot yet.


The poppies that self sewed from last years flowers. Seeds my brother gave me for my birthday.


This fellow was flying over a neighboring town.  I have seen him (or someone like him) before when I first lived here.






A pitiful selection of flowers, for sure. Compared to what I once had in my last three houses, this looks like a desert.  I know it will take time (and money) to get it into ship shape. Right now I have cut out old bushes and am trying to kill off the remnants of those before I plant anything else. 

I really have my eye set on replicating what I once had...iris, peonies, lilies, tulips, hyacinths, and daffodils among others.  








































No comments:

Post a Comment