Friday, November 18, 2022

What's YOUR favorite crochet stitch for a scarf??

STITCH?  WIDTH?  YARN?  LENGTH?  COWL?  INFINITY?







 SCARVES 

I have made a few…some pretty, some not so pretty. I'm never sure exactly how wide to make a scarf. What is your favorite width? A particular stitch?


Sometimes my "favorite" stitch comes out looking different if I change yarns or change the stitch a little….like using a sc/dc combo, or a ss/trb combo.


Tunisian? I like it as long as I use a stitch that won't make it curl and it will look good on either side.


I forgot off hand what they call the stitch I like..sc/dc or ss/dc or ss/trb. They are all the same but different!


I did make a scarf for myself, although I found it a big too wide. I did like the stitch, however. It is treble crochet crosses, with sc in-between.


Of course, there is the Rick Rack Stitch that I enjoyed for awhile. I think it made a better looking blanket, though. Fun to do.


So, I think 4 to 5 inches is plenty for width. My grandniece seems to love those really wide long scarves. Tried twice to make her one, but never could get the hang of it, and it takes so much yarn. I did buy some in her school colors, but with my moving so much I'm not sure where it is. She'll graduate before I get around to it now!

??    A thought    ??

One other thing…I have thought about making a scarf with a short narrow length that would go behind my neck (I'd have to situate it just perfectly when putting it on) so I don't have all that bulk back there. Just one area would probably be enough…I like infinity scarves which is why it feels like too much fabric. If it is too long then I don't get the warmth around my neck and chest area. If it is too short I feel like I am choking.

HOW  ABOUT  YOU?




No comments:

Post a Comment