Saturday, May 28, 2022

Beautiful T-Top!!!

 TESTING  TESTING  TESTING!


This is a small beginning of a luscious top designed by Michele DuNaier on Ravelry. Her designs are quite exquisite, and this one is no exception!
I'm further along that this shows, and this doesn't really show how beautiful it is. From this point on it is lacy for about three or four inches.
The yarn I am using Cascade Heritage Silk (fingering weight). Boy is it soft and silky, so is named correctly!
The test is scheduled to end on 6/30/22, so I had better get with it!

ModifyHealth FODMAP dinners

I was found to have IBS. Something I figure I had years ago, but there was never anything except meds that didn't exactly work.  Now they have a diet because they have found that IBS is mainly caused by the inability of the body to break down certain sugars/carbs. Like onions and garlic….which I already knew were triggers for me. Dairy, too…also a trigger for me.
The current rave is to eat according the the FODMAP diet designed in Australia where they figured it all out. So……
I checked out on-line diet delivery services. I had been using NutriSystem which seemed to aggravate my condition.  My darling niece found a few for me and I subscribed. The meals looked pretty good…on the internet. In person, not so much.


Above is what I purchased. Below is what I received. Vacuumed packed. When cooked up it doesn't look like the photo above. Eggs were dry, but had a lot of water in the container. The sweet potatoes were far and few between all the orange sweet peppers. All that orange is NOT sweet potatoes
YUCK!


This was the third meal and all had huge amounts of peppers or cabbage. Those two things upset my stomach and give me gas. Wow….I can buy meals that are low FODMAP and not pay $10 to $12 per meal! Regular Kentucky Fried without the crust is one! And tastier, too.
Cancelled it this morning. My stomach is still upset.
Others may find that this is just the ticket for them, and peppers and cabbage don't upset them like they do me. You can't "try" the meal plan out. You have to pay full price for the week…but they do have two different plans, and one is less expensive than the other.
The other thing that I found not to my likening is they don't change the meal plans up each week. Just add one or two meals, if any.
There are other meal plans on the internet, but I plan on just buying gluten free, lactose free, which means that the rest will follow. I already avoid onions and garlic, and check for the odd carbs so should be fine.












No comments:

Post a Comment