Saturday, October 3, 2020

THREE MONTHS? WOW!!

I find it hard to believe that I have been off line for three months. I guess that birthday was exhausting!  It has mainly been an effort to get ready for selling the house in WA state moving, and now unpacking. The new home is below….I live in Texas now! Quite a different life here. Most houses are built with either brick or rock or a combination of both. In my subdivision the houses do look a lot alike. I was trying to get them to put some of the front in wood, but I was too late for the order. They had one like that in another subdivision and I fell in love. Some day, when I am rich, I may have the front redone and the deep dark brown wood put in to make it feel like a ranch home.

                                            

The house sits on 1/2 acre and there isn't much land in front. Most in back, so we walk a lot around in back. Will soon have something other than grass back there! I now walk about 3 miles a day. Can't walk them because of my arthritis and bursitis. Shouldn't have big dogs.

The dogs seem to think they are doing all the work!  So many boxes…the garage is plum full. Just like every other house. However, my niece is here cracking the whip and helping get rid of the packing boxes and supplies, as well as helping in the garage. She is amazing! Has even been bringing me left overs for dinner and she is a great cook, too! Nice to have her living so close!

                    

My next door neighbors to the south side are a young couple with two children, one 5 year old Pitty mix, and her mom who lives in the cabana! They built an apartment in the back yard for her.

My dogs became awful once they heard their children playing and the dog in the yard. Our old neighbors didn't have dogs in their backyards. Ginger started chewing up the fence. The four dogs had a little runway going in front of the fence as they ran back and forth.  After a couple of weeks we worked out a routine and text each other when the dogs went out. It has really been good as far as the dogs now not barking and snarling and tearing up the fence.

BUT:  Along came BarxBuddy. What a great idea and it works like a charm.  I have been able to keep the dogs from barking at the children and running back and forth in front of the fence. Now we hope by tomorrow or Monday I'll be able to stop the "dog wants to eat dog" behavior when she puts her dog out and I put mine out at the same time. These people are great and should be able to enjoy their backyard, too.  I hate it that my dogs have been so bratty. I pray this will be the answer.

OCTOBER: 

                                            

I am having a contest in my group on Ravelry just to have something to do and to get rid of some of my yarn (which takes up about 1/3 of the garage!).  It is a holiday contest, just make something to do with Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, and then I draw your number out of a hat (or pot). Maybe draw two.  Anything to have a distraction! Nothing fancy as far as a contest goes, but EASY!

Happy October!



No comments:

Post a Comment