Wednesday, June 3, 2020

I had a birthday not long ago…..


I bought super tall candles so that I could get them all lit before the first ones burned all the way down. These seemed to be slow burning, which was a good thing as it took me awhile to light 73 candles!

Blew them out with a puff or two, not thinking I should to it all at once. Didn't even make a wish! That's what a pandemic of many kinds will do what we once thought "normal."

The yellow candles look orange on here. I didn't put any orange candles on my cake.


I bought the cake at Costco. It was very good!

Haven't been doing much in the way of crafting.  Just have had the doldrums on and off, mainly due to my back and feet pain….and having no help in the house. It was going downhill fast! Finally the state opened up to house help, which could not have come at a better time (unless it happened a month ago!).

The dogs are still driving me up a wall! So much better than 5 months ago, l but still pretty destructive.  Hard to walk out back without putting your foot in a small hole. Luckily I am learning to   walk without tripping in them! Plus can't leave them unsupervised in the larger part of the yard as they like to rip apart my little trees. One has died, one almost, and the rest have made a comeback.

Right now I am working on two different scarves. Haven't progressed any further on the shawl yet. The scarves are my normal sc/dbl crochet stitch going back and forth. I like the texture, and it works up fairly quickly.

Both are in Malabrigo Rios.
Photos and color names to follow!

Have a good day!


1 comment: