Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Life in the land of dogs

Went to the doctor's

On Wednesday I drove 4.5 hours to Portland for my CT scan on my lower back to see if the lumbar fusion had moved or if they could detect what is causing the continued pain. The next morning I had an EMG and then saw the doctor.

As it turns out no one knows what it is. Their "best guess" is I am healing slowly, I have a small amount of permanent damage to the nerves (numb areas in my legs and feet), and/or they could do exploratory surgery to see if they can 'see' anything.  

I opted to go home.  See the black marks? Those are where he had to jolt my legs on the EMG.



I have no idea what the numbers mean. It was all very interesting. Not as painful as the first time I had it done about 3 years ago. Might be because there is more numbness, i.e. more damage.

The nice doc said to add ibuprofen to my pain pill regime. I find that he is right..it helps and makes life more bearable.  Plus bikini underwear! LOL! Having the elastic around the waist puts undue pressure on my back surgical area. If it weren't so chilly, I'd be wearing dresses…the old fashion/new fashion kind that are baggy all the way down!


Bad photo, but have been working on this mermaid "afghan" tail for my 10 month old grandniece.  I'm down to the tail area now.  Took me awhile to figure out how to do a nice "scale" as didn't like then ones in the patterns. She will never know! Ha!

Below are photos of the glass cases the specialty surgeons at a emergency vet clinic in Poulsbo, WA had on their wall.  Will post more on another day.  These items are what they had to surgically remove from the stomachs and/or bowels of dogs who ate them.  I wonder how many rocks my dogs have eaten and if they dissolve. I'm getting paranoid!!




Above, that mess on the right is a slipper shoe. 


Above Coco in bag and Ginger in front. So serious looking always. The only time they seem to be smiling is while casing each other or the other two dogs in the back yard with their tongues hanging out gleefully! Ginger is about as tall as Riley (he is 1y 2m, she is 8m). They make Coco look tiny, but she is tall enough for me to scratch her head without bending over!

Don't let their innocent faces fool you….they do love to rip apart carpets, rugs, shoes, toys, beds, decks, steps, trees, bushes, Sweetpeas (that was scary!), grass - even garden fencing. It's amazing to say the least!

Then, of course, there are the blankets that mysteriously wander off into the yard through the doggie door!



I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! Blessings!

The End





No comments:

Post a Comment