Friday, December 27, 2019

Another mermaid coming! Christmas is over, but the New Year is around the corner!

ANOTHER MERMAID 

This little mermaid loves pink, so I am trying my hand at yet another one. I will be mailing off the first one next Monday or Tuesday along with some things I made for my niece.


You can see the container I use for the yarn. I had to find something my tall, nosy puppies could not stick their head into. Works pretty well as long as I remember to close it when I leave the room (and stick in the project into the container!). It's a dog food container with wheels.


I finally decided to take the time to fix my counter height chair that was so rocky you could not sit on it.


I had to find some "specialty" tools to tighten all the various screws. ALL of them were loose.


Then I found that one of those holding the seat to the legs was on a walkabout! The hole meant for it had been drilled incorrectly which is why it wiggled out. I found my drill bit and cleaned it out to make it wider, thereby accepting the new screw.


Had to hunt down some of the pieces as I ended up putting them in various places as I moved around the dining room. Sheesh! 


Once completed, I put all the pieces back together, having to "ad-lib" the one that I "fixed" because there was no "inside" that the other three had. Needed a longer screw, and all the accouterments to attach it to the seat.


I received several wonderful gifts, but special mention goes to my daughter-in-law, Julie, who makes jewelry. I can't remember all the gems, but she has made several pieces in this style for me. My favorite are the pink pearls! I love these, though, too!


Julie sells her 18K gold jewelry in what they call "trunk shows." She sells at Neiman Marcus and visits about three or four places each year. Hard work and must be exhausting to fly around so much. My step-son does travel with her occasionally.

Hope your Christmas/Holiday has been a happy one!







No comments:

Post a Comment