Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Grotine - gifting and keeping


I am learning to knit again - bought all the different needles, and had many from years before. It's a process for sure! Wanted to be ready for whatever project is before me. This one is the Grotine Scarf. Proceeds for the pattern go to the First Nations People in Canada. The crocheted pattern goes to those in the USA. All on Ravelry. 
You can see the various glaring errors if you knit, but I don't care. This is a learning experience for me and figure I can wear it with pride once finished. This gives me the motive to go ahead and finish the size 8 sweater I knit 45 years ago!

Click on this to enlarge and see the mountains and hills out on the horizon. This is a photo of what my dog trainer sees from his house (yesterday) in the evening. What you see way out there are the San Juan Islands and Friday Harbor, part of Washington. Makes me want to move up on the hillside!

Could not resit taking this photo. Several times yesterday Brodie would rest his head on Riley, which Riley seemed to enjoy.  Riley's head is a tad more square than Brodie's who takes more after a Lab. I keep hoping the English Mastiff droopy jowls are not going to be part of Riley's final make-up, but whatever he looks like he will be my love. 
I cannot explain or put into words just how these two have saved me. They make me laugh all the time, and my heart swells with love when they put their head on my lap - OR even obey! I am such a luck ol' dame!

May you have a great day, and if you are interested in the crochet or knit Grotine, wander on over to my group on Ravelry, Cat's Crochet & Knitting Chatter. Keri is there doing most of the work.


No comments:

Post a Comment