Saturday, April 6, 2019

CAT'S DECREASES - decreases my way

CAT'S DECREASE

This is a dc decrease.  You use the same principal in a sc decrease or trb decrease. Always draw up the first loop in the next stitch, then go ahead and draw up a loop the the second stitch. Pull THAT loop through the first loop you pulled through the first stitch. You now have what would look like a normal dc (or sc or trb) stitch, and you continue just as it that were the case.

Pulling up a loop in first stitch after initial yo…..

Pull up the second loop in the next stitch….

Pull THAT loop through the one next to it (not the yo)…

Now you have three loops just as it you had started a normal dc, so you complete the stitch just as if it was a regular dc…yo, pull through two loops, yo pull through two loops

 In this instance I did another decrease toward the end of the row

The next row, and every row after a decrease row, I do regular dc's across, then turn,  and do the decreases again, one on each side making a triangle! 


If you click on the photos you can search for the decreases! They are hard to find….which is exactly why I devised this decrease for all stitches!!!
CLEARER INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW I DO THIS DECREASE: 

I have been doing this for years. I think it is easier that the “regular” way.

When I decrease I do a yarn over (this would be dc decrease in this instance, as above), go through the stitch indicated, pull up a loop, go to the next stitch and pull up a loop, then I pull that loop carefully through the first loop pulled through the first stitch indicted, so at that time I now have the amount of loops for a regular dc. I just continue with the dc. It makes it look like a regular dc.
When I do it with sc it is about the same (and it looks the best of the two stitches). I go through the loop indicated and pull up a loop, do the same on the next stitch, and then that last loop I pull through the first loop and now have only two loops on the hook. I yo an pull the yarn through the two loops on the hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment