Monday, March 2, 2015

Fun week!

On my Ravelry group we had a lovely swap for March.  I made the sweet little doily in green….which was way harder than I had imagined as the color was too dark. This came from a pattern book called Extra-Special Doilies by Mary Werst, Leisure Arts Book #3588, and each one is really a treasure! I only made one half of the doily in the pattern and it was still really pretty!

MY doily

This is one completed in the Ravelry data base by RosesNLace. Spectacular!



Then I sent along the Spring scarf for when the weather finally starts getting warmer.  I used a stitch that was sc, dc across and then sc on the dc and dc on the sc. Makes it lighter.



I finished and sent the Seattle Seahawks type hat…and it was a little big for Stephanie. She rolls up the edge and then it fits…won't let me replace it.


My wonderful package came from North Carolina!  A really sparkly and welcomed Welcome sign!


Two skeins of Unforgettable in Meadow…such a beautiful color…along with a hook and some stickers.


The best part of the gift is the scrumptious Irish Rose that I will sew to a small pillow. It's beautiful!


Yesterday I knitted (that means TRIED to knit) a dishcloth.  It was fun to try, but soooo soooo slow! Took me all day (it was for practice only) and then I made one that took hour in crochet. Big difference!


Two more weeks and a day to St. Patrick's Day….are you making anything special?



Now we are on to an Easter/Spring swap, a contest or two, and having fun!!!

I have a pair of mittens to show next week, and the progress on the Windowpane Afghan.

HAPPY MARCH!


No comments:

Post a Comment