Monday, May 22, 2023

Mosaic afghan

For Aryanna


These are the last two panels I have finished. I am about 1/2 the way through with the next heart panel, and will finish with one of the other designs…maybe another snowflake. Not sure.

THEN I must finish by doing the envelope border. I would add to it, but want her to take it back with her after the next Celebration of Life for her mother, my niece, in June. I am hoping to send both hers and her dads and let her brother know I am starting his.

Lion Brand's Mandala Sparkle



This is Nova, one of the colorways for children wear…I plan to make one of the little girls a sweater like the one, below left. There were three born in the last year so I have two more to go. I think it will turn out cute! I bought three, but as it turns out two are close, but the third is really like it is another color instead of Nova. Has a white in it the other two do not.

By the time I am finished with the girls I will have two boys to make a sweater for, and by then it will be close to Fall. I have the yarn picked out and the pattern! They are both about two or a bit more.

Cousins


This is the pinafore on the right and the sweater on the left made for cousins. The pinafore, if I didn't say before, is also Mandala, but a different series - and weight (?). 
These two are the granddaughters of my niece…therefore my great grandnieces. My two grandnephew's children. Whew! 
It took me awhile to figure out how to call the various nieces until I realized after reviewing different sites that it is the same as you do with your mom, etc.  Mother, grandmother, great grandmother, etc. So niece, grandniece, great grandniece! Now it is easy peasy!

Bekins/Wheaton/Etc. Van Lines

I have just signed the release for to get the whopping $750 from them in settlement of my claim. I have used them many many times over the years and this is the first time that I have filed a claim, even though they have destroyed countless items along the way. I just chalked it up to lesson learned. 
This time they ruined my 82" TV that cost a fortune. They denied the claim because the group that unpacked it has me sign that it was okay. They didn't turn it on, or plug it in. I had no internet or TV service so never turned it on myself until a few weeks later.
It was either the unpackers or packers. What a creepy company. 
Then the claim for a broken decorative item was denied because I didn't sent in a separate photo…it was in the photo of another item. BUT I did send it in later that day or the next day. That apparently doesn't count. The same with another item.
Last, but definitely not least, is that the driver of the Bekins van put my large roll top desk together and ruined it. The drawer was put in wrong in the middle and is now scrapped up both sides. I can't open and close it properly. He didn't put in the drawer slides, or whatever you call them, for writing that you pull out. Now you can't put them in..the whole desk has to be taken apart to get them in, then put back together. I will cost me over $2,000 when it is all said and done. I'm flabbergasted at their lack of caring. Only out to save money…and it cost me over $30,000 for them to ruin these and other things and I get $750 in return.
SO their rules:
1. if a box is damaged, do not toss it away, and leave broken items inside.
2. if items are broken in a box leave them in the box.
3. if you have a TV, plug it is BEFORE you move and take a photo of them moving it, then take a photo of them putting it up (video is better) and have them make sure it works. Even without service, the front will show damage on the 'innards'. 
4. As you go through life, save all the receipts for larger items and expensive smaller ones. They expect you to have it all even if it is 10 years old.
5. Be sure to be ready asap with replacement costs, and claim it ALL. They will knock you down to about 1/8th and then subtract your deductible.
6. Know the tag number they attached to the box or to the item, don't take them off. Take photos. Also know what the line number is and the page number in your "order" for everything they loaded and unloaded.
7. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT:  Be sure to have several people available to you, even if you have to hire them, to designate where to put boxes, to make sure they aren't damaged, while you check things in…and have someone help you check them in. This is where they slip things past you, steal things off the truck, etc. I am missing so many expensive items now.
Be sure to get all the rules for any claims BEFORE you move and start unpacking. They use any means they can to make it hard on you and to deter you from filing a claim.
From now on I will move myself…but I only have on last one. To an old folks home or the cemetery. That's the easiest.






No comments:

Post a Comment