Sunday, March 5, 2023

Afghan in the making - Time still flies

FOR MY GRANDNIECE AS A COMFORTGHAN


I started working on this afghan about two weeks ago. I can’t believe how slow I am…just like everything else in my life I guess.  This is called “Winters Heart Mosaic Blanket” by Abi McIntyre at Get Yer Hook On. I’m actually almost finished with the first strip. Strip, not stripe!  The others two colors will be a lavender/mauve cross, and a lighter teal color. DK weight.

TUBULAR KNIT HATS

I saw that one of my Ravelry friends, Meg, had started making these hats on one of those knitting machines that are round. I loved what she was doing so bought one. I have so much yarn that I thought making these hats would be a good way to use it up.  Yes, indeed, it is. BUT…you have to have a strong arm to keep winding that little arm!  I made a bunch and plan to donate them.  March is here and I got to thinking that winter was pretty much over, but not this year! See below the hats.  I made others but sent those off to relatives.

 








OLD MAN WINTER IS STILL HERE


The first one is my neighbors yard looking down from the room over the garage where Tommy Socks resides. Poor soul…alone most of the time, but he is doing better. I think we have his diabetes pretty well under control. I may have even figured out a way to get him some outdoor time which will be great. The second photo is taken from my back door, looking over the deck into the backyard. You can’t see much. Most of the yard is off to the left through another gate. 



TIME DOES FLY

I’m kind of glad I mainly write this for myself as a self-proclaimed diary! I definitely haven’t been keeping up with it. I am barely keeping up with life.

After moving back to Idaho, losing my beloved dog Brodie, nearly losing my cat Tommy Socks, having to live with my wonderful niece Val and her family while the dogs were in a kennel, putting up with the  contractor who was to have the house finished early November, and it wasn’t finished until right before Christmas, with Bekins who did not unpack all my boxes and would not give me credit for the amount I paid, with all the snow, mud, and dead grass in back, the hard water, and more importantly the death of my beautiful niece in Spokane…..I’m surprised I am still sane. Well, maybe I’m not.

Enough whining. I now have a house that is in pretty good shape (except for the brand new toilet that leaked over the weekend due to contractor negligence - okay a little more whining!) a good yardman, nice neighbors, a quiet neighborhood, and no house payment. Plus our local Albertsons just started a delivery service, so food on the way whenever I need it. I have the best regular UPS man and FedEx man ever! It is starting to warm up a tad each few weeks, and I have joined a book club. Something I never would have thought I would do. Have made a couple of friends, have a good vet, and the dogs are happy. 

Things are looking up!!


No comments:

Post a Comment