Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Afghan of Old - 2008

An Afghan For My Brother

In 2008 I decided to make an afghan for my "little" brother. At one time green was his favorite color so thought I would make one that had green in it. I don't think I hit the nail on the head, but it was a grand effort! I wish I had chosen another color other than the rust/orange but it still looked good. 

This is Maggie, my beloved Border Collie sitting in front of the afghan before the finishing touches went in.

The afghan had stripes to make it "plaid" which was a line of yarn pulled through with a crochet hook, loop by loop through spaces created by the original crochet project.


You can see how they were "inlayed" here.

The pattern was "Pretty in Plaid" in Vanna's book "Vanna's Afghans All Through The House."  I think my brother liked it. All made with Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice yarn.

Finished and gifted in 2008 - a LATE birthday present by two months!





No comments:

Post a Comment