Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Beanie for Becky and top for me!

Becky's Beanie

For some reason Blogger is not cooperating with me. It will NOT let me center align no matter what I do. Irks me.

I paused the main of the beanie until I finished the mitts for Heidi. She received them yesterday and says she really loves them and that they fit perfectly! Words that sing in my ears!!!

I have another couple of rows finished, so expect to be finished with it by early next week, pending no more tornado scares. We didn't have on make it up here, but southwest of here they were hit. Awful damage.


Top for me

Seems that Blogger is now cooperating!

I decided to make a top for myself. The first one I loved, but it was made with squares to put together. I am so over making squares. Probably because of the many afghan swaps I was in. Tired of joining!

Have now decided to make another one of her tops called Latticework Cardigan.



I like the idea that I can make the longer sleeves, too.  AND it is a top down construction. As with all of Michelle DuNaier patterns, you explains everything! So, you can fi the pattern to your body size better than most, make it longer (what I want), change the sleeves, etc.  I like the blue one above best.

The problem with my stash is that it takes about 1600 yards for the one I want to make. More to do with my size rather than my options! LOL!  I only have one or two in my stash in the same color that I can use. The problem may be finding it! Otherwise, I will have to wait until I do rather than spend a lot of money buying new yarn.

What are you up to this Easter?

I'm going to spend a quiet time at home crocheting. With most of my family on the West Coast, one important one on the East Coast (all her kids and hubby), I am not going anywhere. My niece here may well be cooking for her family or going out somewhere.  They do a lot of weekend fun things.

I do have some ham in the freezer! Or is it turkey? Should check that out.

Did I post my Easter Tree?


Next month will be patriotic like July.

Have a very wonderful week and weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment