Monday, October 25, 2021

Finished!!

 OVER THE MISTY MOUNTAINS

I found out when I finally read the intro to the shawl pattern that the name is a reference to the Hobbit I think it is. I should check that. I might be wrong…it was a week or two ago when I checked! LOL!

I rounded the bottom and didn’t do the very last of the pattern. I used worsted weight and it called for sport weight.  I don’t do well with thinner yarns. I am now making another shawl (finishing one I already started earlier this summer) and it is sport weight or lighter.  Makes for a long process for me.





Made with Malabrigo Rios. It is a lovely light worsted weight yarn, and so scrumptious! The shawl hangs to just above my waist so I don’t sit on it while watching TV.
I opened a box today that was full of shawls and scarves. I found a rectangular shawl/scarf that I had forgotten about, so I will add it to my evening collection when the fan is going round and round! I have to have the a/c blaring due to the high humidity. The dogs don’t like the heat and humidity, but my eldest dog doesn’t like the humidity period, whether it is cold or hot….like his mom.
I don’t know why the shells often call to me in various patterns.  It is like my heart skips a beat when I see them.  I have a fingerless glove pattern I want to make for this winter. It is actually cold enough here to warrant them. I’m glad I did this CAL and the shawl had shells!!!
I’m thinking hard about whether or not I want to stay here.  I didn’t realize. How hard it would be to breath, nor did I realize the oldest dog would have a hard time, too.  At least it turned out he did not have a heart problem as first thought. That was scary.

Enjoy the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment