Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Back to CROCHET!! Making a shawl….

 OVER THE MISTY MOUNTAIN

I joined a CAL on Ravelry.  I wanted something to toss over my shoulders when it is chilly in the house.  The yarn is Malabrigo's Rios, which is a light worsted weight (to me). The shawl was created with a sport weight, and I am using the same crochet hook as in the pattern….G.  It isn't as tight as I would like as I want a dense shawl.  A little miffed at myself for not noticing how pointed it is. Don't like getting caught on my back when I sit and then can't move. Yarn is GORGEOUS!



This beauty is one I am very very slowly working on. Formal Garden by Elitza Chernaeva.


I decided to bring some of the decorations in the house! LOL! Just a tad of the spider web. It isn't fairing well outside in the wind. Double sided tape, spray adhesive. Doesn't matter…this Texas wind can be never ending and strong!





Gave my niece some ugly faces over the years but her young kidlings don't like they as they are too scary! LOL! So she doesn't use them. Bottom is a spice or salt shaker, in the middle is the egg separator and a candy dish under the pumpkin. Maybe some day she will use them, but I think she might be just as turned off by the faces as the children are!

Enjoy the rest of the week and the upcoming weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment