Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Crocheting with a BROKEN FINGER!


We had an unusual snow fall in January. Now I hear we are to have another one next week.

CROCHET

I wish I could report that I have made lots of lovely goodies. I have not. I stumbled along on the pattern for the snow flake and was stymied. Next up, a scarf….also could not get the instructions. These are patterns written by wonderful people who are starting out so they thought process doesn't necessarily mesh with mine.  Also, I am wondering if my age has to do with it, too.  One hates to think of such things, but I am a pragmatist. If it is, it is!

I did complete one sweater for my grand niece. The pink one on the bottom. She loved it I hear...I did see her dance around in it.

The one in Peacock is for her older sister and will be a long cardigan. However, I had to order on line. After fighting with Joann’s for a week because they “can’t verify” my address with FedEx, who ships to me, I ordered at Lion Brand, only to find out after I ordered they were not shipping for over a week...

SO ordered from Herrshners who still haven’t shipped after five days. 





GARAGE

I had almost all the garage boxes moved into storage. THAT WAS THREE MONTHS AGO.

Two days after starting this post I broke my ring finger, nearly shattering the first knuckle. Long story involving my 150 pound male dog and the neighbors kittens in my yard (all survived unharmed EXCEPT FOR ME!) so not much accomplished in the getting anything done department. No excuses.  

The storage facility really is full of boxes. Counted more than 80 boxes of yarn. HOLY COW! I had no idea I had that many. 

Tomorrow shelving is supposed to be put up along one wall in the garage. Enough so that I can probably get 1/2 of the boxes out of storage. I hope to find boxes that I can put in the garage attic that won’t be harmed by the heat. Would bet it gets upwards of 140 in the summer. I hope I can empty the storage facility soon.

FENCE

The back is getting a fence around the patio with a large grass area including a large grass area. I will be able to let the dogs out without their wandering the whole yard. They can even go out at night IF they don’t bark. I hated to do this, but with all the rain and mud I wanted them confined to where there is grass when it rains.

AUDIBLE

I have been listening to western books and fell in love with the voice of J. Rodney Turner....so have been buying books he narrates! LOL!  Who cares about the story!!! He could read the newspaper and I’d subscribe.


No comments:

Post a Comment