Thursday, January 9, 2020

I want a black scarf now...

BLUE MERMAID


Little Zoe fits in the mermaid outfit…her mom put it on backwards where the opening is in front instead of back. May be easier for a little one to wear it that way. I think once it is on her the tail looks too little, so on the next one I make (the pink one) I will be sure to make it bigger and flouncier.  

MOM'S STUFF


I did not realize when she sent me this photo that it wasn't just for Zoe in the mermaid afghan. When I started writing her to ask why part of the afghan was hanging down I realized it was from the shawl I sent her.  Then I noticed that she had on the fingerless gloves….then the scarf!  Finally, before signing off on the message to her I saw that she was wearing the ear warmer!  I didn't make that one. However it does match up with the fingerless mitts pretty well.

She is so beautiful, and all her babies are too. Hubby isn't so shabby either! LOL! 

PINK MERMAID


I'm a bit over 1/2 finished.  I started out with the J hook, switched to the I, and then to the H. I am certainly going to have to make the next set of rows with the G hook to get any reduced shape to the tail. I will also put in another row to the top as it is tending to curl outward and want it to be a little more sturdy. Will do some deep dives with the hook!

BLACK SCARF

I have quite a bit of dark grey, charcoal, and blackish yarn. I made a scarf for my DDIL and each time I purchased two skeins of a blackish color it was not suitable. Not because she didn't like it, but because what you see on the computer is often NOT what it looks like in person.
I was purchasing from The Loopy Ewe, so finally called them and had them pick it out in person. One reason I love to shop with them…their customer service is so extraordinary!

I realized after trying to match an outfit that I have but one black scarf and it's a little too fancy. I do have a grey one somewhere, but it is pretty big. 

 I'm thinking of knitting or crocheting one in the round in a DK weight so it isn't super heavy. I know it can be done, but have yet to try one that way, so should probably at least find a pattern to have a go at it. If not, then I should figure out a stitch pattern besides just knit/perl or sc.

SNOW

This was taken years ago when Sid and I lived in Payette.  I think I might use it in a Christmas card some day. Didn't sent any out this year. I wonder about the holiday blues coming this year when it didn't last year. Maybe there was more rain, or clouds? Seems I should have been as upbeat as I was before. Oh, the heart…it does what it wants!


Maybe I will send out Valentines Cards instead! LOL!!

Have a great rest of the week and weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment