Sunday, October 14, 2018

Long and Large Moss Stitch Scarf

Scarf for Julie

My DDIL wanted an 8", 8' scarf so I am playing along! She requested one half be in navy and half be in charcoal.  I had to have The Loopy Ewe help me find the colors as my first excursion into purchasing the grey turned out to be more of a lavender hue.  They were so kind and worked hard to find just the right one to go with my Malabrigo Rios in Paris Nights, below. Below that is the Uncommon Threads color called Grit in a DK weight. Even though Rios is a Worsted Weight, they are nearly identical. Close enough in a pinch!



I'm using the Moss Stitch (different than in knitting) for this scarf. It gives it a nice flat classy look.  You just use a sc/chain 1 across, back and forth.  I put the sc UNDER the chain which creates a reversible scarf pattern - both sides look alike. You need to be careful and very aware of where you are placing the stitch because if you put it through yarn anywhere it ends up looking different on the other side messing up the pattern.

So far I have completed 4 ft of the navy and am working on the charcoal color. I have about 3' finished in navy. The photos above capture the color pretty right-on, but I don't seem to be able to get a perfect photo of the two pieces of the scarf. Perhaps when I am finished with it and can take it outside it will show up better.  The grey looks a tad beige, but isn't.  The navy is brighter, too, and darker. 
At least you can see the pattern!


I did finish the other scarf and sewed the ends to gather to make an infinity scarf of sorts. I didn't twist it because the two sides do not match in the slightest!  However, it's still pretty special, and rather lovely I'd say!  I have't taken a photo of it, but when I finish this one I will photograph both.

Have a lovely Sunday!  I am enjoying our lovely sunshine out on the deck, so hope you have lots of sunshine to sooth your weary soul, too!






1 comment:

  1. Moss Stitch . . .My FAVORITE Scarf Stitch. It always looks FANTASTIC and is so easy.

    ReplyDelete