Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Tunisian Scarf


I'm working on a scarf in a lovely merino wool.  It is Into The Whirled Dresden DK in the color HiJinks. Very soft and easy to use.


I'm using a trellis type pattern someone who made a square for me in a swap had used. At least I think it is the same pattern. She used worsted and this is DK.

The pattern is TSS, Purl, TSS, Purl, etc to the end. Then you pull it back through as usual and in the next row it is a Purl, TSS, Purl, TSS, etc to the end. Doesn't matter if you have even or odd stitches just be sure you are putting a TSS on top of a Purl and vice versa. 

I don't do the pattern stitch on the last stitch as I like the edges to look the same. I didn't start out that way so you can see on the left for the first five or six rows how jagged the left side looks, and then how the rest is even.

When I do the last stitch in TSS I go through two loops..the regular stitch and the back part of the stitch. It makes for a very nice edge.

Now Brodies turn….


I bought my 135 dog a chair. It is more like a couch…is called a cuddle chair.  He was up on it one or two times and then would not get back on. It dawned on me that I always covered the area on the couch where he was allowed so figured he must have thought he wasn't allowed….or did not like the 'feel' of the material!  I covered it with a lovely soft blanket and he is on it all the time now! Unfortunately with the blanket the chair doesn't look 'lovely'!!

This is with the tan blanket. Didn't go with my green furniture so changed it.


Now he has it in the light green blanket. Hard to see a black dog.


Yes, my dog is spoiled….BUT….I like not having him on the furniture (which is all new and leather) where family and friends sit. The only people who will want to sit on this chair are the little ones and I don't care if they get black lab hair on them! LOL!










No comments:

Post a Comment