Sunday, August 5, 2018

Busy Hands are Happy Hands!


A funny thing happened on the way to the end of July. My cardigan turned into a vest!

I ran out of time because I had to remake almost 1/2 of the pattern as I misread the instructions on where to place the center of the shoulder. Ugh. One of the lovely ladies in the Loopy group suggested I finish it as a vest, take photos, get credit, and then go back and change it into a cardigan when I'm ready, which will be this winter.  I did as she suggested and posted photos in the nick of time on the Loopy Ewe web site to get camp credit.


This is one of two hats I made as a test for a friend, RubraC on Ravelry. It's a favorite pattern of mine, now.  The hat has a lovely stretch to it so fits snugly on the head.  I will post the other one I made in the same pattern when she has released it. It is super lovely.  Hopefully the link works. I don't know if she has it open to the public. If not, join Ravelry!


This is another one of her patterns.  It is called Black Cat.  I'm making it in pink for my DSD for her trek to the gathering the next time the ladies wear these in protest.  I hope she likes it and can get some use out of it.

I plan on making more hats like the one below this winter.  I made a bunch of these a couple of years ago.  Right off hand don't remember the pattern name. OH, Backcountry Beanie by Liz McQueen. They run big.


I do remember that the pattern was hard on my right wrist but I really love them! So warm and thick.  I made three for my niece and one or two for others in Seattle Seahawk colors and a few others.

Hope your new week is a lovely one!


No comments:

Post a Comment