Friday, August 24, 2018

Black Cat scratched!

Unfortunately the yarn was too too stiff.  After getting it almost finished I just didn't like the feel or the stretch, so frogged it.


This is the 'real' Thin Red Line hat I finished for my sister-in-law.  I wish more of my family wore hats so I could make a bunch.  I really do have to start using up yarn and large projects are a stumbling block for me.


My friend from GA visited so we took a few quick day trips around the are. This is Lake Crescent in the Olympic National Forest area. Thankful to get out of the smoke!


And this is the smoke, except I did darken the photo some so the sun would show up the right color. It was either a light sky and a yellow sun or the orange sun (which is what the naked eye sees) and a dark sky. Since it was the sun I wanted to show, just think of the sky as light hazy blue!


Before the smoke was intolerable, we did some rock hunting on the shore of the Sequim Bay at the John Wayne Marina. Yes, THAT John Wayne. He donated his property from what I understand. Its a really lovely marina, with a nice restaurant and park type area.


Mr. Brodie climbed up on the stack of beds I piled up as I vacuumed around the living room. Did not have the heart to make him jump off. He was pretty tired from guarding the house while we ladies were gone. Such a good boy - still more puppy than adult at three years old, but calming down slightly each passing month or two. Next year I hope he will keep his charm, but lose his propensity for exuberance at the expense of my arm!  Or my guest arm!



No comments:

Post a Comment