Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Farm to Table Swap Squares

I have only finished 10 squares as one I didn't really like (Square 2 in taupe) after looking at it for awhile. Will frog it and reuse the yarn later on.

These are all in Vanna's Choice yarn.  The #10 square is on my couch, no photo yet. I am still weaving in the ends. 


Click photo to see them all larger.

I had 14 Crepe Myrtle planted. One in front and the rest in back. I also had them plant a white Empress Dogwood in back. It will be the tallest of all of the tree/bushes.  Silly me, I thought they would come in as trees like they do in the South. Not so…just bushy, the old fashion way.  A couple I will be able to trim up to make a tree, but basically the rest are way too bushy already.

I will have one more put in front as it looks pretty lonely.

I also planted some Sweet Pea that is slowly coming up and several Clematis.  I planted seeds to many varieties of Poppy and am looking forward to seeing them all grow and bloom!  

My Daffodils are up and blooming, and one out of five of the Naked Ladies I planted is up. The others were too wet and rotted…dang. If the one makes it then it will keep making more bulbs so should have plenty in a few years.

Leaving in a few minutes to see the vet and find out exactly how the tests came out for my dog. I had him tested for allergies and for his DNA to see exactly what type of dog he really is - see if my nieces and nephews were fibbing to me! He is so darn stubborn and sometimes reminds me of a Bully, which I hope isn't the case. 

Next I have some Peony tubulars to plant, probably out front. Then need to figure out when and how to transplant the Rhodies. They don't get enough sun where they are now.

I hope you are having as much sun as we are now!

No comments:

Post a Comment