Wednesday, May 9, 2018

AFGHAN FINISHED AND MAILED!

SENT


I mailed it a little late so missed Sharon's granddaughter's move, but Sharon was kind about it and is mailing it to her. I hope she will have it on her bed if not now, then shortly. I hope she likes the bordering and joining. I did NOT make any squares.

Should have taken a photo of the border but forgot!

Bought one of those iRobots that scrubs floors. It's coming today or tomorrow. I can't wait to use it in the kitchen. After that last ride back from the doctors my nerve is being pinched and hard to walk. I thought this would help a lot.  Need to buy a supply of all the cleaning gear to go with it as my floors are in pretty bad shape.  I also have the iRobot that sweeps. I liked the Neato better, but after having five or six of them that broke they would not stand behind their product…and this was all within a  year. I couldn't believe how they behaved….I wanted to send back the one that they sent me as with a short time it quit, too. Eventually decided to try the Room by iRobot and it has lasted for a year so far. Better product.


One of my swap squares in Taupe, Purple (not showing up very purple!) and Linen in Vanna's Choice.  I based it on a pattern in one of the Vanna's Afghan books.  It isn't exactly OVERLAY as there is a space left for the stitches to go up so they are more intreated into the pattern. They still stick up a little. Next time I try this I will use a smaller hook so it looks more like it is inside the square rather than on top of it.

By the way if you have a Mazda or Ford truck from about 2006 or so, check the web site for a recall notice on the Takata air bags.  Not good to have your vehicle running around as a death trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment