Tuesday, May 23, 2017


I started a cowl for my DSD, Heidi, from one of the Tosh Vintage skeins she gave me.  This does not do the color justice….or the pattern.  I am close to finishing so after I block I can post a better photo. The stitch is a simple sc-ch1-sc V stitch going back and forth using the ch1 below for the V stitch above.  Looks really nice blocked….more lacy, although NOT lacy.  Nice texture. I'm using a J hook for the worsted weight Vintage.


My neighbor to the south of me has finished his fence on the property line.  I put my fence five feet inside my line so will make a change this summer and take my fence down, then finish the back with this kind of fence.  Note the concrete…I'm thinking water protection and perhaps it helps keep the voles out?  Would have to be fairly deep for that I think. It's beautiful!


The Rhodie out front is blooming…it is BEAUTIFUL!  


The bees love the flowers so it is rather like "running the gauntlet" getting into the house.  Brodie, my big (big) Lab mix, wants to chomp on them which scares me.  

I finished a hat for a designer on Ravelry.  Just waiting for her to publish the pattern so I can post photos.  I made two and they really are lovely beanies! One yellow and one light blue. Gave the yellow one to the "other" grandmother.

😍



2 comments:

  1. WHat is a "hate" for a designer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fancy word for "HAT"!!!! LOL! Thanks for the catch!

    ReplyDelete