Saturday, April 22, 2017

Crochet Blues….


Just started this a couple of days ago and should have take another photo as it is about twice this size now.  Just a simple sc/ch1/sc stitch.

I haven't crocheted a thing in the last two weeks or more.  Have been traveling and also getting the house in Oregon ready to sell, as well as having doctor appointments.  Life has been a roller coaster, so did not feel much like adding to the stress in trying to figure out what to crochet and what yarn to use.

This is a yarn by Ancient Arts Yarn Company called Tortoiseshell. They make a super darling yarn  series of "cat" colored yarns. I had a Tortie - well actually two, and both were named Pumpkin, Punkie for short. I love Torties and Calicos.

I decided to make a scarf….tentatively for me.

My DSD and DSIL gave me a subscription to Jimmy Bean's yarn series by Madelinetosh.  I receive one skein a month for a year…last month's skein and this months skein came at the same time.



This is Madelinetosh, Vintage Tosh, in two of their exclusive colors for this yarn series for JB.  I love them both but am thinking of doing up a scarf of some sort for my DSD with the one above.  I purchased a skein of yarn that is very very similar to the one on the bottom so will have to dig it out and if it is the same weight perhaps I can make a stripped zig zag scarf with it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment