Thursday, March 17, 2016

Goodies and goodies….


My new gravel drive.  Not exactly the same rock/gravel as the parking space to the left, or the parking space next to the garage, but it's good.  Glad to have no puddles or mud holes!
So I am dieting again.
I bought into the hype on the Nutrisystem diet package, and went for it.  Yesterday I received the first box of food and allegedly another box of frozen food is on the way.  Funny they don't arrive at the same time.
So, for the first week you eat their food plus two "shakes" that are chocolate in flavor.  Not a smart choice for a late snack as the chocolate makes it harder to get to sleep.  Will use it in the afternoon instead.
I think what has my dander up a tad is that they act like it is so different, that they send you all you need, and you don't have to write down points like Weight Watchers.  What they don't say, or I didn't hear, is that you have to track - just like WW. Write down everything you eat.
The reason I bought this is I didn't want to have to think about food or do any extra cooking, but that is also required.  Food is okay….very very small portions so far, but with the added fiber initially filling.
This is you breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Not the only choices by far, but the fact that it is only a tiny nutritional bar for breakfast I think it is no wonder people lose weight.  I would say there has to be only about 700 calories here…didn't look…and anyone would take off pounds at 700 calories a day!  Of course, I'm not counting the two shakes for the first week.

This morning I chose the Blueberry Muffin.  As you can see it isn't any bigger than my computer mouse.  It is dense and has a decent flavor, but oh so small!  I'm adding milk to my coffee which is a no-no on the diet, but it is one thing I can't and won't give up.  At this low of a calorie count I think it's okay.

On a different note, I did finish the first hat for my niece.  I can't remember exactly how many stitches I "cast on" for the Tunisian stitch, but think it was about 42 or so.  After doing the first row of the TSS the next three rows I left off the last two stitches, then on the next pass I picked them all up again, being careful not to pick up any extra stitches there.  I decided it wasn't long enough and it wasn't going to have much give, so added hdc post stitches around the rim and crocheted one fphdc and then one bphdc all the way around, doing about four or five rows.  Added a button of a cute butterfly, and this is the end result!


 This one is a little closer photo.  I gathered the top and stitched it up, as well as the side seam. Would love to have put on a pom, but this yarn is too slim for such things.  This is Malabrigo Sock.

I hope it fits her, but if not some little girl in Boston can wear it! I am also making another hat from a pattern called BackCountry Beanie I found on Ravelry.

I truly LOVE the way this one is working up! Using worsted weight and it's nice and soft and squishy! The bottom part in the 2nd photo is rolled up to be the brim once it is seamed.



Enjoy your day!




No comments:

Post a Comment