Sunday, August 15, 2010

Another week in my world.....

Well, this has been an eventful week....made lots of squares, most all from Priscilla Hewitt's patterns....finished bordering several of the sections to my Granny (Nanny) McPhee afghan, which will be huge and lovely! I'm going to post photos of the various sections on Wednesday, although they aren't put together.

I did a tutorial on Ravelry in the Vanna's Choice Fan Club for the Tunisian Simple Stitch (TSS), and if this link works, start with post 382.  It takes a bit to load as there are so many photos.

I posted the second installment on my other crochet site for color changes. Takes toooooo long to post in Ravelry.  It is a fast and dirty tutorial, so if you have any questions, feel free to post them there.

My oldest brother sent me a photo of his "baby" Russell (the cat) who has taken over the afghan I made him in the Muddy Waters swap in the VC Fan Club (VCFC from here on out!).  Thought I'd share the happy cat!


I also was fortunate to spy a new amigurumi pattern for free!  I cannot believe my good fortune....a sea horse! It is gorgeous and I intend to make that beauty soon. If she still have her last page up on her site, look to the bottom right of this blog and see Sonya's web page - Curly Girl.  She's from Georgia - my favorite state!  If you haven't already, check her out as she has great patterns for free, and for sale!!!

Speaking of Georgia, have you seen Curb Appeal on the HGTV?  It's only 1/2 hour, and is really fun to watch (less if you tape it!).  All takes place in and around Atlanta, so you KNOW I have to watch!  I think that Designed to Sell is often done there, too, as I see some of the same people on there. So much better than the murder and mayhem I see on the TV shows these days.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky kitty. My DIL asked me to make one for their little dog so he would leave theirs alone. She says Jackson carries it all over the house with him, works and works with it to get it in just the right configuration and then takes his naps. Animals need their comforts too, I guess. Loved your post today, BFF.

    ReplyDelete